RSVP today for our Tuesday, March 11, 2014 meeting!
Student Night! Featuring the following speakers:
- Lauren Short, San Jose State University “The Role of Large Woody Debris in Inhibiting the Dispersion of a Post Fire Sediment Pulse”
- Maggie Parks, UC Berkeley “Engineering Soil Properties of Old Bay Clay at Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco, California”
- Matt Thomas, Stanford University “Fluid pressure responses for a Devil’s Slide-like system: problem formulation and simulation”
- Antonino Cilona, Stanford University “Permeability structure of a fault zone crosscutting a sequence of sandstones and shales and its influence on hydraulic head distribution”
- Poster by: Katie Zheng and Lisa Gellerman, UC Berkeley “Building an Intelligent Water System – The Internet of Water”
- Poster by: Daniella Rempe, UC Berkeley “Subsurface Moisture Dynamics in the Eel River Critical Zone Observatory”
- Poster by: Josh Zupan, UC Berkeley “Seismic Performance of Buildings Subjected to Ground Failure in Dense Urban Environments”
- Poster by: Robert Lanzafame, UC Berkeley “Contribution of Vegetation and Animal Burrowing to Levee Risk”
Additionally we’re having a raffle with great prizes (tickets $3 in advance or $5 at the door) must be present to win! Bring a prize to donate! Example prizes include books, field trip guides, rock and mineral specimens, mugs, t-shirts, or anything you’d like to donate!
This meeting will be held at:
388 9th Street #288
($2 parking beneath the restaurant at Pacific Renaissance Parking Garage, or walk 2 blocks from 12th Street BART)
6pm: Happy Hour (cash bar) & Check-In & Posters
For a step-by-step tutorial on our registration process, click here.
RSVP deadline is past