Looking for a career at a fun, growing company? Join Cornerstone Earth Group!
Bay Area based- with offices in Sunnyvale and Walnut Creek
For more info and other opportunities: https://cornerstoneearth.com/careers/
Senior Engineering Geologist
This candidate should be able to demonstrate broad experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting, writing proposals, providing management and oversight of complex geologic field investigations, site specific geologic evaluations, landslide mitigation, understanding seismic hazard constraints, and preparation of geologic and geotechnical reports.
- B.S. and preferably M.S. in Geology or Engineering Geology preferably with engineering geologic emphasis
- California CEG license preferred, or PG license working towards CEG registration in 6 months.
- 5 to 15 years of increasing responsibility in engineering geology, including experience with CGS Note 48 compliance for schools and hospitals
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Assist with updating and/or creating digital and hard-copy reference library
- Self-motivated with strong interest in career advancement
- Ability to work well with small teams and work independently
- Clean DMV record with current driver license and suitable vehicle for travel to project sites
- Preferably live in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Field exploration programs may include logging of exploratory borings, bedrock coring, fault trenching, geologic research, aerial imagery interpretation, and detailed site reconnaissance and field mapping
- Senior engineering geologist will work closely with geotechnical project managers and principles throughout the project timeline and be able to supervise and train less experienced geologic staff personnel
When applying for this position please indicate your compensation expectations ($/hr). Cornerstone Earth Group provides pick-up trucks and a gas card or fuel reimbursement.
Driver’s license verification required; must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Cornerstone’s driving policy.
Relocation expenses are not provided.
For immediate consideration, email your cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com