Staff to Senior Staff Geologist/Hydrogeologist/
We are seeking a geologist, hydrogeologist, or scientist with 2 to 6 years of work experience to join our team. This position provides project support on diverse environmental projects, including site investigation, hazardous waste remediation, surface water quality, and environmental compliance, and includes field work. The position level – Staff or Senior Staff — depends on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
- Plan, coordinate, and write reports that document field data, including developing figures and tables, analyzing data, and presenting conclusions.
- Review field data and notes, perform quality control procedures for field work, and interpret results to ensure regulatory/permit compliance and evaluate progress.
- Coordinate, schedule, and direct field activities for other technical staff.
- Analyze and synthesize lithologic, hydrologic and geochemical data; review regulatory requirements and best management practices for environmental compliance; and assist with the design and implementation of environmental remedies for site cleanup and surface water projects
- Provide project support and other related work, as required.
- BS in civil or environmental engineering, geology, geophysics, hydrogeology, hydrology, soil science or similar technical field; a Master’s degree is preferred
- Must be willing and able to wear a respirator, as required, and perform field work in all weather conditions
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Suite; CAD, and ArcView GIS knowledge is beneficial.
- The successful candidate must present a DMV record upon hire and their driving record must be acceptable under Weiss Associates’ insurance carrier’s requirements.
This position is based in our Emeryville office and requires travel to Northern California project sites. Some work can also be performed from our Mountain View office.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing Job#SSG030918WA in the subject line
.For more information, please see: http://weiss.com/careers/
Weiss Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will assess applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, national origin, disability or genetic information, or veteran or military status.