Staff Hydrogeologist (Requisition 28445)
Kleinfelder is seeking a Staff Hydrogeologist. This person will be based out of our Sacramento, CA office.
Kleinfelder is seeking a Staff Hydrogeologist who will perform the following:
- Performing general hydrogeologic assessments or water supply studies.
- Performing proper field methods and collecting data during aquifer testing or pumping test events.
- Must have working knowledge of reverse circulation / mud rotary / air rotary drilling methods used to drill and construct water supply wells in unconsolidated to consolidated sediments or lithology’s.
- Collecting, describing, and logging drill cuttings using a recognized standard procedure such as the Unified Soil Classification System.
- Taking field notes of drilling conditions, drill rig performance, and maintaining pipe tallies.
- Receiving and performing quality assurance and quality control of drilling materials, well construction materials, and equipment as it arrives on the project site.
- Communicating with contractors and Kleinfelder management in a professional and effective manner.
- Communicating and to drilling contractors and assuring said contractors follow specifications and field procedures as outlined in contracted documents such as well design specifications, pumping test procedures, aquifer testing procedures and methods etc.
- 3 to 7 years’ experience as a water well / production well hydrogeologist or will consider 0 to 3 years’ experience if candidate has taken an upper level hydrogeology course and has hydrogeologic field experience to include well construction design and methods. Or has a Master’s Degree in Hydrogeology or related subject.
Apply online at www.kleinfelder.com/careers