Register today for the Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists
San Francisco Section March 2014 Meeting:
Student Night! Featuring the following speakers:
- Lauren Short, San Jose State University “The Role of Large Woody Debris in Inhibiting the Dispersion of a Post Fire Sediment Pulse”
- Maggie Parks, UC Berkeley “Engineering Soil Properties of Old Bay Clay at Transbay Transit Center, San Francisco, California”
- Matt Thomas, Stanford University “Fluid pressure responses for a Devil’s Slide-like system: problem formulation and simulation”
- Antonino Cilona, Stanford University “Permeability structure of a fault zone crosscutting a sequence of sandstones and shales and its influence on hydraulic head distribution”
- Poster by: Katie Zheng and Lisa Gellerman, UC Berkeley “Building an Intelligent Water System – The Internet of Water”
- Just Added! Poster by: Daniella Rempe, UC Berkeley “Subsurface Moisture Dynamics in the Eel River Critical Zone Observatory”
- Just Added! Poster by: Josh Zupan, UC Berkeley “Seismic Performance of Buildings Subjected to Ground Failure in Dense Urban Environments”
- Just Added! Poster by: Robert Lanzafame, UC Berkeley “Contribution of Vegetation and Animal Burrowing to Levee Risk”
Abstracts and speaker information can be found on the downloadable meeting announcement.
Date: Tuesday, March 11, 2014
Location: Restaurant Peony, 388 9th Street #288, Oakland (within the Pacific Renaissance Plaza)
Time: Social hour, sign-in, and poster display at 6pm, dinner at 7pm, presentations at 8pm
Cost: $45 for AEG members, $50 Non-members, $20 students
RSVP: Please register through the registration link and complete payment through PayPal.
This meeting is generously sponsored by:
Raffle at Student Night!
We will be hosting a Raffle to benefit Student Night and are looking for prize donations! Bring your donated prize the night of the event with a business card attached so we can thank you! Example prizes include rock specimens, books, field trip guides, mugs, hats, shirts, wine, gift baskets, or whatever you’d like to bring. Raffle tickets are available for advance purchase through the meeting registration form for $3 (or at the door for $5).